As much as I love spending time creating in the kitchen, I simply don’t have time these days to explore as much as I’d like to.
What happens to your diet when you don’t have time? Some might resort to fast food. Some might befriend their neighborhood vending machine. Some might eat copious amounts of protein bars. I’ve done all three.
The most rewarding approach, though, has been using good shortcuts to make the same types of healthy, clean cuisine I love — i.e. using pre-grilled frozen veggies, pre-made sauces, and pre-made veggie burger patties. If you read the labels and pick the good stuff, this approach saves lots of time without adding crazy artificial ingredients.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s made mostly of pre-prepared ingredients, so all you have to do is get a pan, turn up the heat, and assemble.
15-Minute Savory Vegan Beef Tacos
Makes 8-10 small tacos. If meal-prepping, would definitely recommend storing tortillas and taco filling separately.
- 1 package Gardein Beefless Ground (or 3-4 cups of any other vegan ground beef)
- 1 package frozen veggie mix (go for a Southwestern-style blend, mine had grilled corn & bell peppers)
- 1 can black or red kidney beans
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Soft tortillas or hard taco shells
- Optional taco toppers: shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, salsa, etc.
- Lightly oil a pan and turn stove to medium high.
- Add in the onion, letting it cook for a minute or two until soft. Then, add in the frozen veggies.
- Follow with the beefless ground. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until sizzling.
- Assemble! Use soft tortillas or hard shells, and add a layer of lettuce or a dollop of your favorite taco toppers.
Just as good with hot sauce!